5S is one of the most effective tools in lean manufacturing. From the perspective of lean manufacturing, we use 5S methods to follow up the procedures within the factory, in order to decrease the buffer stock and eliminate any wastage.
5S is a method symbolised with the capital lettters of 5 Japanese words. Since 5S is widely used in Japan and is now a symbol, we have also adopted this method and translated them accordingly:
• SELECT-Classify(Seiri): Removing the unnecessary from the environment
• SORT –Organise (Seiton): To ensure that everything is in the appropriate place.
• SWEEP-Clean (Seiso): To clean, protect and not to pollute.
• STANDARDISE (Seiketsu): To standartize the first 3 S’es.
• STICK TO- Protect your own system(Shitsuke): To organise, discipline, education
Thanks to the 5S method, SAMPA has become more competitive and entered into a new World environment. We can mention the contributions of 5 S’es as follows:
• Increased Efficiency: increased the production and added value per factory area unit and time unit
• Decreased Wastage: wastage became evident and its elimination was facilitated.
• Decreased Setting Times: Set-up times have decreased.
• Improved Work Safety: Work safety has been improved.
• Improved Motivation: The morale has improved in the business environment and team work has strengthened.
• Decreasing Cost: Productivity and quality values have increased, wastage and costs have decreased.
• Decreasing Machine malfunctions: Controls have increased for the equipment, materials and work environment.
• Speed: Duration of the purchase orders has decreased and deliveries have quickened.
Sampa World Tour Malaysia
Sampa World Tour Continues with a Stop in Malaysia!Detail
Sampa Has Carried Its Growth Rate To Its Logo!
Sampa Automotive was at Automechanica Istanbul with its brand new image.Detail
Sampa Proceeds to The Top Step By Step!
TIM (Turkish Exporters Assembly) has announced the top 1000 exporting companies.Detail